Contact YOUR Representative(s) on the House Committee on Financial Services and Continue the Contact At Least Weekly if Not More Often . . . no more stalling and delays!
1) See if YOUR Representative is on the Financial Services Committee, search by State and District (via the link below) and if you find them, e-mail and FAX them and call every telephone every number available, but first see # 2) below to uncover if YOUR "Representative" is one of our HR3149 "Dirty 27" list. One of the 38% of the 71 committee members that took the PAC money being handed out by the big three credit bureaus.
Use the link below to search and see if YOUR State Rep. is on the committee.
You’ll need to have your full 9 digit zip code handy. Use the following link to look it up if you don’t already know it.
2) We're calling the list below our HR3149 "Dirty 27" who accepted PAC money from the big three credit bureaus during the "2010 Cycle" as it's called in Washington.
Bachmann, Michele (R-MN) $4,000
Bachus, Spencer (R-AL) $7,000 - Committee Ranking Member
Bean, Melissa (D-IL) $10,500
Biggert, Judy (R-IL) $6,000
Campbell, John (R-CA) $8,227
Capito, Shelley Moore (R-WV) $1,000
Childers, Travis W (D-MS) $2,000
Foster, Bill (D-IL) $4,000
Garrett, Scott (R-NJ) $2,000
Hensarling, Jeb (R-TX) $7,000
Himes, Jim (D-CT) $5,000
Jenkins, Lynn (R-KS) $3,000
Kanjorski, Paul E (D-PA) $4,000
Lee, Christopher J (R-NY) $1,000
Maloney, Carolyn B (D-NY) $2,500
McCarthy, Kevin (R-CA) $2,000
McCotter, Thad (R-MI) $4,000
McHenry, Patrick (R-NC) $1,000
Meeks, Gregory W (D-NY) $5,000
Moore, Dennis (D-KS) $3,000
Neugebauer, Randy (R-TX) $4,000
Paulsen, Erik (R-MN) $1,000
Peters, Gary (D-MI) $2,000
Posey, Bill (R-FL) $2,000
Price, Tom (R-GA) $5,000
Royce, Ed (R-CA) $7,500
Scott, David (D-GA) $1,000
If you find them on our HR3149 "Dirty 27" list above, your job and role within our group is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to our success. Don't minimize your importance to our cause. Please express the following by phone and by e-mail repeatedly as often as possible and encourage everyone you know in your voting district to do the same:
* Why did you accept $______ from the big three credit bureau PACs when you reasonably should have known that you could be sitting in judgment and ruling on legislation that could impact the big three credit bureaus? Doesn’t that create a conflict of interest? Doesn’t that border on corruption of our democracy?
* What was the money for? Does the money enable clear unbiased thinking? Does it better enable you to care about the "folks back home" that voted you into office? Rembemer us, your voters who who are now unemployed, having our homes forclosed upon and are locked out of the job market by workplace discrimination?
* As a voter in November, while millions of Americans are locked out of the workplace in a catch 22 of no job = bad credit and bad credit = no job, the fact that you’re accepting money from the big three credit bureaus that oppose HR3149 causes me great concern! I will share my concerns with everyone I can find in our district as well as the media and I’ll be watching so see just how hard and fast you work to get this stalled legislation out of your committee. What’s more, I’ll also be voting in November based largely upon passage of HR3149 and will encourage everyone I can find in our voting district to do the same. I think they deserve to know the truth about our democracy and how Washington works for us folks back home.
Last But NOT Least . . . Contact YOUR Local Media Outlets
We, your fellow group members, know we’re asking a lot already, but please go the extra mile to “turn the screw” and put some “icing on the cake” with some well placed media attention from the “folks back home.” You’re "Representative" is always sending out press releases and lauding what they’ve done for the “folks back home” so help them out!
Contact local talk radio, blogs, newspapers and TV and tell them about the money and what a good job YOUR "Representative" is doing for the “folks back home.” Don’t hold back, you’ll be glad you did and all of us in the group will owe you a huge debt to gratitude. Thanks in advance for all your hard work!
Don't forget to keep us posted on your activites . . . let us share in your "fun."